Denver Fiduciary Risk Management Lawyer
Compliance And Risk Management
Fiduciary duty is the highest legal standard of care. Every decision a fiduciary makes is exposed to compliance issues and liability. It is essential for fiduciaries to make sure their employee benefit programs are properly operated, in compliance with governmental reporting requirements, and that no allegations of self-dealing or other prohibited transactions can be substantiated.
Denver fiduciary risk management attorney Ralph W. Shaw — founder of Shaw Law — represents vendors, trustees, investment managers and advisors in managing fiduciary duties and managing risks in Colorado. For employers from the corporate, government and nonprofit sectors, attorney Shaw provides sound counsel and representation regarding fiduciary issues that arise in conjunction with retirement benefit planning and administration.
Shaw Law represents clients in all manner of fiduciary matters, including:
- Negotiating and reviewing vendor contracts
- Training retirement plan fiduciaries on discharging duties and managing risks
- Providing detailed analysis of the fiduciary liability associated with the establishment of qualified retirement plans such as 401(k) plans
- Explaining and developing best practices to minimize risk
- Answering questions and addressing claims by participants and beneficiaries
- Assisting with reporting and disclosure to remain in compliance
- Providing counsel regarding the avoidance of prohibited transactions
In addition to attorney Shaw’s more than 25 years of legal experience, Shaw Law maintains a strong commitment to client-centered service. Clients work with their attorney, not an inexperienced associate or paralegal, and the firm works to return calls and inquiries promptly.
Contact Shaw Law ∙ Englewood Pension Plan Governance Attorney
To schedule a consultation with an experienced Colorado lawyer, call 720-924-1040 or contact Shaw Law online.